Speech Graphics is a high-growth company providing pioneering facial animation solutions for the games industry and beyond, working with such clients as Warner Brothers and Def Jam recordings. Our employees see their work profoundly changing experiences in next-gen games and amazing new products.
It’s a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding environment. We foster a results-oriented culture with lots of room to learn and grow. Team development and diversity are highly valued. Our international team is comprised of specialists in diverse fields including engineering, phonetics, machine learning, animation, etc.
In addition to weekly roundtables, there are monthly meetings and get-togethers as well as several annual parties and social events. Being part of the UK’s largest tech incubator also puts us in the middle of a very exciting and socially active startup scene amid the dramatic landscape of Old Town Edinburgh.
If this sounds like a team you would like to be a part of, send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Software Engineer – Networking
As Software Engineer in Networking, you will be responsible for developing, deploying and maintaining a cloud-based, VoIP-like conversation manager, and C++ utilities for communication with the server from client applications.
- Proficient in C/C++
- Proven knowledge of TCP/IP at the packet level (L3/L4)
- Experience in programming low-latency, asynchronous, non-blocking and state-keeping network daemons, ideally in a systems language like C/C++ or Go
- Experience programming with reliable datagrams (either RYO or 3rd party libraries).
- Demonstrable skills in diagnosing network traffic problems (e.g. WireShark, routing, intervening firewalls)
- Knowledge of UpnP punch-through and how to use it
- Experience designing fault-tolerant daemons that will operate at reasonable scale
Other preferred skills
- Experience with firewalls and network security in general. Knowledge of how to specify ALLOW/DENY firewall rules is a bonus
- Experience with efficient binary over-the-wire encoding (e.g. Protobufs, Thrift, bespoke)
- Abilities in system-level automated testing (e.g. the capture/construction and replay of network traffic)
- Experience with Boost C++ libraries
- Experience developing, debugging and profiling system-level software on Linux and/or Windows
Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.